Principal/Senior Defence Air Safety Engineer (x2)
Contract type: Permanent
Remuneration: £50K - £75K (depending on experience)
Ebeni are looking for two enthusiastic, dynamic Principal/Senior Defence Air Safety Engineers.
They will have the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues; they will be able to present complex technical ideas successfully, with a flexible and positive approach to work. They will possess exceptional report writing skills, striving for the highest technical and quality standards with a focus on service delivery. A successful candidate will have both depth and breadth of experience (7+ years) in the Air Defence industry in a safety-related role. In addition, they will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a cooperative team player. They will report directly to the Defence Business Unit Lead and support other business functions as required as part of the role e.g. Operations, Technical, HR etc
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, implement and deliver safety engineering and management activities within Defence Air programmes
• Legislation, Regulation and Standards Compliance in accordance with MOD Defence Air regulations
• Evidence-based safety risk management – hazard identification, analysis and control
• Develop strategies to ensure safety and reliability as well as identify hazards and assess safety risks.
• Define and analyse safety and reliability requirements and carry out design safety and reliability analysis
• Development and assurance of Safety Arguments for air platforms and equipment
• To keep up to date with current best practice in risk assessment and risk management
• Represent Ebeni at conferences, exhibitions and trade shows
• To provide support as required in new business development activities, including contribution to proposals, identification of potential business opportunities
• To liaise with the client and other external parties as necessary
• Work with the Ebeni Defence Business Unit Lead to ensure effective delivery of projects within the Defence Air business unit to ensure they are appropriately staffed, deliveres on time, to budget and within agreed margins whilst meeting the required quality levels for all Ebeni work.
• Staff mentoring where appropriate.
Apply for this job
« Back to careers page