ATM Safety Engineers (all grades)
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire / Lincoln / Flexible working
Remuneration: Dependant on experience
Ebeni is seeking several high calibre ATM Safety Engineers / Consultants. These opportunities would support both current and future civil and military projects in the UK and overseas. We currently have several exciting ATM projects underway and further significant opportunities as our ATM business grows. Potential candidates will have experience working in civil and/or military ATM, including working with ANSPs, prime contractors, equipment vendors and regulators.
Ebeni specialise in a number of engineering domains including Defence, Aviation, Rail and ATM and are diversifying into Nuclear and other sectors. There are opportunities to manage or contribute to programmes through many areas of expertise ranging from system specialism to operations and covering all aspects of safety analysis, management, reporting and certification. There is also scope for travel on some projects as several of our clients are based overseas.
Successful candidates will have 3-10 years’ + ATM safety engineering experience including functional safety engineering, development of safety plans, and generation of work compliant with the principles of safety management systems, safety regulatory frameworks, safety engineering principles, and have a flexible and positive approach to work. In addition, they will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a cooperative team player.
More experienced candidates will have both breadth and depth in the ATM domain in a safety-related role and be familiar with current and future Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Equipment/Systems and technologies. They will have the ability to analyse and present complex technical ideas successfully, have acted as lead safety engineer on projects with experience of building strong and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues, and possess exceptional report writing skills, striving for the highest technical and quality standards with a focus on service delivery.
Key Responsibilities – All Grades:
• Leading tasks and managing smaller ATM projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects as defined by Project Safety Plans, and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
• Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements, and detailed technical system analysis to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
• Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
• Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
• Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary with regard to safety.
• Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours.
• Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and budget.
• Participating in audits conducted by internal and external regulators.
• Carrying out reviews of third party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
• Ensuring business is consistently delivered in accordance with Ebeni’s core values.
Key Responsibilities – Principal / Senior Engineer Grades (in addition to above):
• Plan, implement and deliver safety engineering and management activities within ATM programmes.
• Evidence-based safety risk management – hazard identification, analysis and control.
• Develop strategies to ensure safety and reliability as well as identify hazards and assess safety risks.
• Define and analyse safety and reliability requirements and carry out design safety and reliability analysis.
• Development and assurance of Safety Arguments for ATM projects and equipment.
• To keep up to date with current best practice in risk assessment and risk management.
• To keep up to date with latest technological developments in the ATM domain.
• Represent Ebeni at conferences, exhibitions and trade shows.
• To provide support as required in new business development activities, including contribution to proposals, identification of potential business opportunities.
• To liaise with the client and other external parties as necessary.
• Work with the Ebeni ATM Business Unit Lead to ensure effective delivery of projects within the ATM business unit to ensure they are:
o appropriately staffed
o will deliver on time
o will deliver to budget and within agreed margins
o will meet the required quality levels for all Ebeni work.
• Staff mentoring where appropriate.
Key Characteristics – All Grades:
• High level of drive and enthusiasm.
• Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with both clients and colleagues.
• Good presentation skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and listen.
• Flexible and positive attitude.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• A desire to strive for the highest quality standards with a focus on service delivery and excelling expectations.
• Adaptable and resilient.
• Supports Ebeni’s core values of Excellence, Benefit and Integrity.
Apply for this job
« Back to careers page