Business Unit Leader – Defence
Contract type: Permanent
Ebeni is looking for a new Business Unit Leader (BUL) overseeing our Defence Business Unit responsible for steering a specific business stream to deliver Ebeni’s strategic goals and objectives, promoting our services to customers, winning and delivering business to achieve sales, revenue and margin targets.
The right candidate will be able to envision and work towards the “big picture” while keeping day-to-day objectives at the forefront, working collaboratively with the Business Unit Technical and Project Management (PM) Leads.
The BUL is the key point of contact between Ebeni and its clients: answering queries, offering advice and developing new business. Their goal is to support the profitability of Ebeni by securing and delivering business at agreed profit/target margins.
Specific domain knowledge is not essential, we would consider applications from individuals with a minimum of 5 years experience selling technical consultancy services and Defence, Maritime, Air or Land expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing the Business Unit Strategy (aligned with overall Company Strategy) including how to:
- Deliver agreed sales, revenue and margin targets.
- Identify and develop new customers and service lines.
- Grow accounts of existing customers.
- Balance the focus between existing and new clients to ensure positive development of both
- Develop value propositions that cover both existing clients and targeted new clients
- Tracking, analysing and exploring market trends specific to Ebeni’s services to identify new opportunities and any service development requirements to develop growth plans and strategies.
- Identifying and agreeing marketing objectives with project technical teams to identify and develop repeat business opportunities with existing clients
- Defining the annual Business Unit Sales Plan with support from the Business Unit Technical and PM Leads.
- Identifying potential customers and promote our services to them to develop new business.
- Identifying and qualifying sales leads.
- Negotiating the terms of agreement with customers and closing sales.
- Representing Ebeni at conferences, exhibitions and trade shows.
- Monitoring and analysing market conditions and promoting Ebeni services.
- Recording sales information within the Ebeni sales management process.
- Reviewing own sales performance aiming to meet or preferably exceed target.
- Having a direct input for Quality initiatives.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and email.
- Understand clients’ business plans / needs to identify how Ebeni can best support each customer in the future including skills and expertise requirements and potential new service line opportunities.
Business Unit Management
- Managing budgets including: sales, marketing, recruitment and employees.
- Managing contracts to maximize operational and financial performance, while reducing financial risk.
- Acting as Key Account Manager for allocated business unit projects
- Developing resource plans to identify Business Unit resourcing needs along with split of permanent and associates to ensure delivery.
- Working with support functions as necessary, for example, with HR to assist with the recruitment of additional resources.
- Managing and motivating the Business Unit sales team, including any Account Managers.
- Ensuring profit targets are met.
- Reporting business unit performance to the board on a monthly basis.
- Communicate business unit strategy, plans, results and other information to Ebeni employees.
- Ensuring adherence to legislation, regulations and guidelines.
- Ensuring business is consistently delivered in accordance with the Ebeni core values.
Company Strategic Support
- Identifying improvements to the operational performance within Ebeni.
- Championing identified improvement initiatives.
- Supporting the Ebeni Board in developing ongoing company strategy and plans.
- Cooperating with other Business Units and Operations to fulfil tasks and achieve KPIs.
- 5 years plus minimum experience in a senior management role
- 5 years plus experience in safety or mission critical domain(s)
- Minimum 5 years sales experience.
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development.
- Good knowledge of research methods and data analysis techniques.
- University educated with a degree in Business Management, Engineering, Science or an MBA or equivalent training.
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
Personal attributes and behavioural qualities:
- Good written and verbal skills
- Strong relationship management and motivational leadership skills, able to both encourage and support staff strengths and weaknesses
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to deliver and achieve
- Can work individually and as part of a team
- Able to lead with confidence
- Adaptable, flexible, resilient and has a positive supportive approach and attitude to obtaining results
- Ability to negotiate, handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- Supports and incorporates Ebeni’s core values of Excellence, Benefit and Integrity.
Apply for this job
« Back to careers page