Cyber Security Consultant
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire / Lincoln / Warrington
Remuneration: Competitive - Dependant on experience
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant in the Cyber Security and Information Assurance domain of Ebeni you will be working as part of a team or individually conducting Cyber Security Assessments assuring Information Security for Ebeni’s clients across the Defence, Transport and Energy Sectors. Whilst not essential, business development experience would be advantageous as you will be expected to be able to identify and develop opportunities and relationships where policies, procedures, process or technology require improvement to strengthen security. Highly motivated, you will be a good communicator with the ability to contribute confidently to technical security discussions with peers and management. You will be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value in working well with others developing others and strengthening the team.
You will be based either out of Corsham, Lincoln or Warrington but will be flexible and able to travel to client sites across the UK. Ebeni provides Safety, Security and Engineering consultancy services to a range of public and private sector clients including in Air Traffic Management, Rail, Energy and Defence therefore the successful individual will ideally need to be qualified as a CCP SIRA and be comfortable working with clients of all types.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing Cyber Security capability in an established and highly regarded company.
What working at Ebeni offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our company benefits include but are not limited to: Stakeholder Pension Scheme; Death-in Service Scheme; Income Protection Scheme; Critical Illness Scheme and Private Medical Health Insurance.
- Engaging directly with project teams, clients and stakeholders to support the security risk assessments.
- Providing advice and guidance on all aspects of Cyber Security, including IA, Risk Management and Accreditation.
- Conducting IA elements of Cyber Vulnerability Investigations and Assessments.
- Authoring and developing Information Assurance and Security related documentation, including Risk Management Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS), in line with current security and risk management frameworks.
- Analyse and understand customer requirements and expectations and advise on priorities to meet the needs of a project.
- Effectively communicate information security risks to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Advise on how best to mitigate security risks.
- Take responsibility for the solution, ensuring that it is Pragmatic, Appropriate and Cost Effective and meets the requirements of clients.
- Working independently or with team members creating high quality reports.
- Contributing to the development of the existing cybersecurity team by sharing knowledge, leading by example and helping team members to develop.
- Contribute to the long-term strategy and direction of Ebeni by:
- Cultivating good relationships and building a network of contacts across peer level networks and clients.
- Identifying opportunities for Ebeni to assist our clients further. Escalate these potential opportunities to the appropriate engagement manager.
- Supporting writing of comprehensive, high standard bids.
Skills and attributes for success
Experience in information and cyber security is essential for this role. Consulting experience is helpful. The ideal candidate will have experience and skills across many of the following areas;
- Broad and deep understanding of cyber security, Information Assurance, risk management and information security compliance.
- Experience of working in UK Cyber Security environment e.g. to NCSC guidance, CAF etc
- Knowledge and understanding of NIS Directive and UK NIS Regulations.
- Security related qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISMP, ISO27001 lead implementer or auditor
- Qualified in, or able to attain, CCP SIRA at senior level.
- Experience of the defence industry; ideally across information systems, crypto and/or Tempest.
- Experience of working across public and private sectors.
- A good command of English and proven ability in writing high quality reports.
Due to the contract conditions of some of our clients, candidates must be UK citizens and hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
Apply for this job
« Back to careers page