Safety Engineer – Maritime (x2)
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
Remuneration: £40K - £60K (depending on experience)
Ebeni are seeking professional and dynamic Maritime Safety Engineers capable of working in our experienced Defence safety engineering team.
Ebeni specialises in a number of engineering domains including defence, aviation, rail and air traffic management. There are opportunities to manage or contribute to programmes through many areas of expertise ranging from system specialism to operations; and covering all aspects of safety analysis, management, reporting and certification.
There is also scope for travel on some projects as several of our clients are based overseas.
You will be responsible for applying specialist maritime technical expertise, with the ability to provide expert advice, analysis, guidance, decision making and using your leadership skills to solve highly complex solutions within our Defence Business Unit.
You will possess excellent report writing skills, striving for the highest quality standards, with focus on service delivery and exceeding expectations.
- Taking ownership of, leading tasks, managing and delivering technical maritime projectsUndertaking safety engineering activities, in compliance with the
principles identified in the Ebeni Safety Management System (SMS)
- Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities, including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified
- Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.)
- Ensuring that all outputs are to the required standard and have been appropriately reviewed and approved
- Communicating with and working with the client to ensure that the contracted scope of work is delivered and that variations are flagged to the business
- Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours
- Supporting the business in contributing to, writing and managing bids
- Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and budget
- Participating in audits conducted by internal and external auditors
- Ensuring business is consistently delivered in accordance with the Ebeni Core Values
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and may be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
Apply for this job
« Back to careers page