Contract type: Permanent
Remuneration: £30K - £45K depending on experience
Brief Role Description:
Ebeni are seeking a professional, inspirational and dedicated Safety Engineer who are capable of providing knowledge and ideas into our experienced and innovative Engineering Teams. Ebeni specialises in a number of engineering domains including defence, aviation, rail and air traffic management. There are opportunities to manage or contribute to programmes through many areas of expertise ranging from system specialism to operations and covering all aspects of safety analysis, management, reporting and certification. There is also a scope for travel on some projects as several of our clients are based overseas.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years’ engineering experience including functional Safety Engineering, development of Safety Plans, and generation of work compliant with the principles of Safety Management Systems, Safety Regulatory Frameworks and Safety Engineering Principles. In addition, they will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a cooperative team player. They will report directly to the Project and Technical Managers and support other business functions as required as part of the role e.g. Operations, Technical, HR etc.
• Leading tasks and managing smaller projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects as defined by Project Safety Plans, and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
• Identifying and creating evidence to support system assurance using safety-related activities to support the traceability of the system safety requirements to the implementation and operation.
• Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements, and detailed technical system analysis to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
• Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
• Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
• Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary with regard to safety.
• Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours.
• Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and budget.
• Participating in audits conducted by internal and external regulators.
• Carrying out reviews of third-party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
• Ensuring business is consistently delivered in accordance with the Ebeni core values.
• Working as a Safety Engineer with a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience.
• High level of drive and enthusiasm.
• Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with both clients and colleagues.
• Good presentation skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and listen.
• Flexible and positive attitude.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• A desire to strive for the highest quality standards with focus on service delivery and excelling expectations.
• Adaptable and resilient.
• Supports Ebeni’s core values of Excellence, Benefit and Integrity.
Apply for this job
« Back to careers page