Senior Safety Engineer – Nuclear (x2)
Contract type: Permanent
Sector: Nuclear plus other domain experience
Location: Corsham/ North West England
Remuneration: £45,000 to £60,000
Ebeni are seeking professional, inspirational and dedicated Safety Engineers who are capable of providing knowledge and ideas into our experienced and innovative Engineering Teams. Ebeni specialise in a number of engineering domains including aviation, rail and air traffic management but are diversifying into Nuclear and several other sectors.
In order to capitalise on a number of opportunities in Nuclear, we are looking to recruit a number of experienced Nuclear Safety Engineers who also possess some experience in other core Ebeni domains. There are opportunities to manage or contribute to programmes through many areas of expertise ranging from system specialism to operations and covering all aspects of safety case authorship, development, analysis, management, reporting and certification. There is also the opportunity to help with the creation and development of a new Business Unit that would focus on the Nuclear market.
A successful candidate will have 8-15 years’ engineering experience including Lead safety case authorship, functional Safety Engineering, development of Safety Plans, and generation of work compliant with the principles of Safety Management Systems, Safety Regulatory Frameworks and Safety Engineering Principles. In addition, they will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a cooperative team player. They will report directly to the Project and Technical Managers and support other business functions as required as part of the role e.g. Operations, Technical, HR etc.
· Leading tasks and managing smaller projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects as defined by Project Safety Plans, and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
· Identifying and creating evidence to support system assurance using safety-related activities on to support the traceability of the system safety requirements to the implementation and operation.
· Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements, and detailed technical system analysis to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
· Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
· Supporting clients with either specification, development or delivery of their safety case improvement programmes
· Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
· Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary with regard to safety.
· Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours.
· Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and budget.
· Participating in audits conducted by internal and external regulators.
· Carrying out reviews of third party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
· Ensuring business is consistently delivered in accordance with the Ebeni core values.
· High level of drive and enthusiasm.
· Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with both clients and colleagues.
· Good presentation skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and listen.
· Flexible and positive attitude.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· A desire to strive for the highest quality standards with focus on service delivery and excelling expectations.
· Adaptable and resilient.
· Supports Ebeni’s core values of Excellence, Benefit and Integrity.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and may be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
Apply for this job
« Back to careers page