Contract type: Permanent
Ebeni Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Safety Engineer to join our growing and
ambitious Rail team.
Ebeni Ltd are a dynamic company, providing specialist services in Safety Engineering, Safety
Management, Cyber Security, Software and Systems Engineering and Risk Management. Our teams
deliver cost effective solutions for major blue-chip companies and organisations such as the UK
Ministry of Defence, NATS, Network Rail, General Dynamics and Siemens.
Our rail team help clients manage change, that could be due to the introduction of new Rollingstock,
signalling schemes, changes to infrastructure, stations or depots. Working on bespoke small scheme
projects through to the industry’s largest rail schemes. We help our clients understand the
implications of change and empower them to make informed decisions.
As part of our UK Safety Team you will be provided with opportunities to undertake safety
engineering activities, leading tasks and managing projects.
• Take the lead technical role in a range of future signaling, control, rail operations,
infrastructure, electrification, software, human factors, and rolling stock related projects
• Define and analyse safety and reliability requirements; carry out design safety and reliability
• Undertake hazard identification and analysis, and maintain hazard logs
• Create safety arguments and safety cases and communicate relevant information on risk
issues to relevant stakeholders
• Implement a common and auditable approach in the identification of Safety and RAM
requirements, their implementation and the demonstration of compliance
• Advise clients on current best practice, including relevant legislation, standards (e.g. CENELEC
50126/50128/50129 and IEC 61508 etc.) and guidelines
• Keep up to date with current best practice in risk assessment and risk management (e.g.
European developments on Common Safety Methods)
• Provide support in new business development activities, including identifying potential
business opportunities and contributing to proposals
• University educated, with a degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent
• A Chartered Engineer (or working towards chartered status)
• A member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. IET, SaRS, IRSE, IRO)
• Solid experience in the UK Rail industry in a safety-related role, ideally with experience outside or alongside signaling and brakes
• Understand UK (and European) rail legislation and regulations
• Experience of preparing Safety Cases
• Experience of producing: System Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Event Tree Analysis (ETA), Common Cause Failure Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis (FFA), Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Interface Hazard Analysis (IHA), System Hazard Logs, System Hazard Analysis Reports
• Familiar with ALARP principles and ALARP arguments
• A proven ability to work effectively with clients, both in face-to-face meetings and through interaction by telephone and email
• Be able to build good working relationships and actively seek out new business opportunities
• Possess a high level of personal integrity and professionalism
• Be willing to travel widely in the UK and potentially overseas, to a variety of client offices
Ebeni is a people-centric company, which respects individual aspirations as well as promoting benefit to all parties: our customers, employees and society.
Our people are our most valuable asset. We take particular pride in our reputation and recognise that this is built on the commitment and skills of those who represent Ebeni. It is our priority to treat people well, help them develop and give them a rewarding working life. Ebeni’s success depends on motivated, committed, trusted employees and associates, who feel they can play a part in helping the business grow.
Ebeni provides employee benefits including:
• Employer stakeholder pension contribution
• Private medical healthcare
• Life assurance
• 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
Position: Principal Safety Engineer (Rail)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary range: Dependent on experience
Ebeni Ltd is committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.