Contract type: Permanent
Location: Corsham and home-working
Renumeration: Dependant on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Engineer to join our talented team, working with world-class clients on complex, safety critical programmes.
Ebeni are a dynamic company, providing specialist services in Safety Engineering, Safety Management, Cyber Security, Software and Systems Engineering and Risk Management. Our teams deliver cost effective solutions for major blue-chip companies and organisations such as the UK Ministry of Defence, NATS, Network Rail, General Dynamics and Siemens.
The main purpose of the role will be to lead tasks and manage smaller projects, while undertaking safety engineering activities, as defined by the Project Safety Plans and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
· Identifying and creating evidence to support system assurance, using safety related activities, to support the traceability of the system safety requirements to the implementation and operation.
· Participating in / running hazard identification and risk assessment workshops with customers.
· Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements and detailed technical system analysis, to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
· Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities, including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
· Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
· Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary with regard to safety.
· Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate and then effectively work to, time and budget.
· Carrying out reviews of third-party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
· Ensuring business is consistently delivered in accordance with the Ebeni core values.
· Successful candidates will be degree educated in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related disciplines and will have demonstrable experience of working as a Safety Engineer.
· Knowledge or experience in the Air Traffic Management, Aviation and/or Defence domains would be ideal.
· Applicants will have had experience of the application of safety and risk engineering processes, to identify hazards, assess risk and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
· You will also have experience of working directly with clients and of presenting information and findings accurately and concisely.
· Security Clearance (SC) must be either held or able to be attained.
Ebeni provides employee benefits including:
Position: Safety Engineer
Location: Corsham and homeworking
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Ebeni Ltd is committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.