Ebeni’s Defence and Aerospace Business Unit is seeking a Technical Lead, to join our growing and ambitious team. You will find yourself working with world-class clients, within both the Defence Industry and Civilian market, on innovative projects, providing safety and airworthiness advice, including complex safety critical programmes.
The main purpose of this role will be to establish, communicate and maintain technical excellence across the Defence Business Unit; working in conjunction with the Business Unit Lead, to determine the technical standards required, including legal, regulatory and with the Company Safety Authority.
- Ensure technical standards and expectations are clearly explained and discussed with engineers; monitor, measure and review to uphold the required technical standards on all client deliverables
- Provide technical leadership, by working pro-actively with the Business Unit Lead and PM Lead to develop strategic technical objectives and implement them to time and budget
- Support Business Development activities in the role of technical expert, understand the sales process, provide sound technical solutions to tender documentation, lead estimating activities and contribute to bid reviews
- Produce technical solutions for projects, applying engineering knowledge and principles to devise innovative solutions to unique problems
- Provide the leadership for technical development of the team, providing mentorship in the Continuous Personal Development (CPD) and their Professional Memberships
- Create passion for technical excellence, supporting deliverables that are of the highest standard and exceed clients’ expectations
- Ensure that technical teams carry out work in a cost-effective way and is delivered within project budgets
- Support the allocation of suitably qualified and experienced safety resources, in safety-related roles, across the business unit
- Maintain that the business is consistently delivered in accordance with Ebeni’s core values
- University educated with a degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent
- Professional Registration with CEng Status
- Significant experience in safety engineering, preferably in a principal or managerial role and familiar with SHA, SSA, FTA, FMECA, Loss Models, Safety Cases and Hazard Logs
- Knowledge of EASA and FAA Civil Aviation Publications and UK Defence Standards, JSP’s, MAA Regulatory Articles and industry standards such as ARP4761, DO 178B/C, IEC 61508, ED 109A
- Technical specialist in their own field but understands the challenges of wider general technical considerations e.g. Risks & Opportunity Management, Airworthiness etc.
- Evidence of success on comparable projects, leadership experience and stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail – ability to work in a methodical manner and deal with complex situations
- Excellent presentation skills, including to audiences and written reports
- Strong leadership skills – leads by example and engenders an environment of accountability and responsibility
- Team player – a positive, supportive approach to team performance and morale
- Possess a high level of personal integrity and professionalism
- Willing to travel to client sites, as and when required
- Must hold or be able to obtain unrestricted Security Clearance
Ebeni is a people-centric company, which respects individual aspirations as well as promoting benefit to all parties: our customers, employees and society.
Our people are our most valuable asset. We take particular pride in our reputation and recognise that this is built on the commitment and skills of those who represent Ebeni. It is our priority to treat people well, help them develop and give them a rewarding working life. Ebeni’s success depends on motivated, committed, trusted employees and associates, who feel they can play a part in helping the business grow.
Ebeni provides employee benefits including:
- Employer stakeholder pension contribution
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
Position: Technical Lead
Location: Corsham (and remote)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Ebeni Ltd is committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.